Thursday, October 10, 2013

Oh, The Places I’ve Been!



I was flipping through the channels on the television during my shift this morning and came across a couple of travel shows. I can’t remember the names of them but that is really unimportant at this point. Seeing the images roll across the screen began to jog my memory and I started thinking about all the places I’ve lived over the years and all the places I have seen throughout my travels.

The list remained as simply a thought and it may have stayed that way if I didn’t come across a similar discussion question in a networking group invite asking about where I have lived. I knew that I wasn’t going to be able to make it to the meeting so I decided to respond with some of the places I have called home over the years. That list quickly evolved into a joint venture with the thoughts already floating around in my head.

While I wouldn’t consider myself an extensive traveler, I have been to a number of places throughout the United States and a few places abroad. I have lived in a few places always trying to find somewhere to call home. And while I am not going to go into any details at this point I still wanted to share my list with you. So, here it is. Here are all the places that I can think of in my bleary eyed state.

UNITED STATES (19/50):
o   Lived In: Bryn Mawr, Chesterbrook, Bala Cynwyd
·         MASSACHUSETTS – Boston, Newburyport, Haverhill, Worcester, North Adams
o   Lived In: Beverly, Salem
·         VERMONT – Brattleboro, Montpelier, Burlington, Stowe
o   Lived In: Northfield
·         NEW JERSEY – Highland Park, New Brunswick, Teaneck
o   Lived In: Ocean City, Metuchen
·         NEW YORK – New York / Manhattan, Niagara Falls (supposedly, I don’t remember)
o   Lived In: Brooklyn
·         NEW HAMPSHIRE – Portsmouth, Nashua, Londonderry
·         ROAD ISLAND – Warwick
·         CONNECTICUT – Hartford, West Hartford
·         DELAWARE – Wilmington, Dover
·         VIRGINIA – Natural Bridge, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, Lexington, Lynchburg, Winchester,
·         MARYLAND – Baltimore
·         GEORGIA – Milledgeville, Americus
·         FLORIDA – Orlando, Kissimmee / Disney World, Key West, Daytona Beach, Miami, Winter Park
·         TEXAS – San Antonio
·         ILLINOIS – Chicago
·         MICHIGAN – Grand Rapids
·         CALIFORNIA – San Francisco, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Ojai
·         WASHINGTON – Seattle, Bainbridge Island
·         MISSOURI – St. Louis, Fort Leonard Wood (Fort Lost in the Woods)
·         DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
·         NORTH CAROLINA
o   Drive through
·         SOUTH CAROLINA
o   Drive through
·         WEST VIRGINIA
o   Drive through
·         MAINE
o   Drive through

ISLANDS:
·         PUERTO RICO – San Juan
·         US VIRGIN ISLANDS
·         BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
·         NETHERLANDS ANTILLES
·         SAINT MARTIN
·         BERMUDA – Hamilton
·         ARUBA

EUROPE:
·         UNITED KINGDOM – London
·         GERMANY – Munich, Olympic Park

MIDDLE EAST:
·         ISRAELJerusalem, Dead Sea, Tel Aviv
o   Lived In: Jerusalem

That is the simple list of the places I’ve lived in, visited, and driven through. As I said before, not huge but I also wouldn’t consider myself sheltered. Please let me know if you would like to hear about any of the places I’ve visited or lived in. If you let me know you’re interested I will be sure to write about it in a future post.

So where have you lived? What places have you visited? Do you have any favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment