Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I Know Something You Don’t Know!


No! I'm not going to outright say the cliche. Deal with it!


Today was quite the interesting day. Nothing was any different through about noon but during a meeting with my boss something interesting happened. It is something that I am not going to share at the moment but I will write about later in the month. Let’s just say that I will be able to return to a previous topic covered extensively on this blog.

My day was long but didn’t seem like it. Noon helped with that a bit but my day wasn’t dependent upon it. It is getting really busy around the office but in a really good way that makes you look forward to the next day and the following week. It drives you to get things done and see how much you can accomplish by the end of the week. I think I am a little behind this week but that could just be the particular reflection I see.

Before I knew it the day was over and I was in the car on my way to the lodge. It is Tuesday night after all and I was awake this week. That was another interesting time. It is the most future focused meeting at the lodge that I have had up to this point. It was refreshing to hear about the goals that some of the brothers have for the lodge and the building in general.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done but nothing that can’t be overcome with some thought, effort, and a significant amount of funds. I hope the money tree yields a good harvest this year. All kidding aside, if the changes are implemented correctly it would be a long term windfall unseen in this small band of brothers.

Fourteen hours after leaving for work, I pulled back into the parking lot and walked into the dark apartment with my wife sound asleep in the bedroom. While I enjoy the time we have now to talk at night it was a nice change, especially as of late, to see her peacefully sleeping. We are both overdue for some much needed rest.

So I am going to wrap this up and head to bed. While not conveyed well in this post it was an exciting day and one that you will better understand in a couple of weeks. I will just leave you with the final thought/teaser… I not only have a new job but for the first time I am feeling like an adult in the wide working world. It is amazing how two jobs in the same industry can differ so greatly. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment