Friday, October 25, 2013

Milestones



Produced in 1934, the $10,000 bill was primarily used for bank transfers.


This week I marked a couple of rather satisfying milestones. One of them I had a finger, or ten, in achieving while the other I cannot take any credit for because you are the ones that pushed this blog to a mark that wasn’t even considered when I began this project back in May. Frankly, I am both surprise and not surprised by the fact that daily posts have appeared on this page for much of the year.

The first milestone is that of passing 150 posts. I am not surprised that I have been able to talk/write so much but I am a little surprised that I have been able to find at least some kernels of non bovine fertilizer during that time. While many of the topics make regular appearances (travel, freemasonry, rotary, genealogy, and work just to name a few) there have also been a number of one off rants (see my last post). Regardless of subject, it has been an interesting journey finding new things to write about and different ways to look at things, places, and subjects.

Based on the views I have received I am guessing it has piqued some interest among you at least from time to time. If it didn’t there would have been no way that I could have reached my other milestone this week of 10,000 views. That number may be large to some and small to others but for me it is a significant achievement both in just getting my opinions out there and knowing that I am, at least some of the time, on the right track in producing content.

What does all of this mean? For me it means that I owe a humbling thanks to everyone who has read a post (or scanned one, or read part of one). It also means that I can set a goal for myself moving forward. While I started with the simple idea of posting everyday it is time to take it a small step further. So, as of today, I am setting the goal of putting out a blog every day for a full year. Yes, it is a repetition of my previous motivator it also gives me a hard number to shoot for. The other goal, and here is where I am going to need your help, is to reach 25,000 views by that one year anniversary.

I will, of course, report back on the final figures at that time but, until then, I ask that you keep pushing me to post content that you want to read. So if there is something that you want to read about I encourage you to leave a comment below and I will do my best to accommodate all requests made. In the meantime, I have some interesting posts simmering in my mind that I am looking forward to writing in the near future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment