Sunday, October 20, 2013

Office Questionnaire




At the end of this past week in the office I got an interesting email from one of my fellow new colleagues. It was an email that many have received in the workplace over the years but, until now, I had never gotten one. It was a simple questionnaire to get to know each other a little better.

Here were the email questions along with my answers (some information has been removed but the questions remain the same):

·         Type of car you drive: Chevrolet Malibu [the 2012 is not very exciting but definitely practical]
·         Top five movies you could watch over and over: National Treasure, Gettysburg, Super Troopers / Beerfest [any Broken Lizard movie except Club Dread – that movie suuuucked], Talented Mr. Ripley, The Chosen, RED, Holy Land Hardball, You’ve Got Mail, Fargo, Hitler’s Children (let me know if this is not diverse enough) [I can never think of the movies that I stop and watch but these were the ones that came to mind]
·         Favorite TV show (currently or must watch re-runs): Who Do You Think You Are? (and other genealogy related shows). Close second is anything firearms related (i.e. Sons of Guns, American Guns, etc.). [also of note are Northern Exposure, The West Wing, Deadwood, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Bargain Hunt, Big Bang Theory, NCIS, MacGyver, and many others]
·         Drink of choice (alcohol or non-alcohol): Coffee is my friend (and, by extension, yours too). [Dark beer is good too; the darker the better. And Scotch is right there with it].
·         Favorite superhero: Punisher or Batman (no super powers need apply).
·         Dream vacation destination: Always enjoy going to Jerusalem. Would also like to go to Ireland and Germany to explore my heritage. [of course I am up for traveling just about anywhere as you may have surmised by my numerous posts about my travels in the Commonwealth]
·         Music preference – genre or artist(s): I like a mix of most genres. However, I am finding that my ears don’t agree with much of the sounds produced today. [Metallica to 10,000 Maniacs; Verdi to Clint Black; Buddy Holly to Eminem; you get the idea]
·         Favorite app on your smartphone/tablet: Blogger (essential when you post every day). Close second is Ancestry.com. [too many apps makes me long for a green screen app].
·         Target or Wal-Mart: Wal-Mart (have you been to the Target on City Avenue? That will make you switch). [ironically, you can’t get ammo at Target. But if I had to pick between the two I would go with Amazon.com]
·         Must have snack: beef jerky. [mmmmm, jerky]

I would add:
·         What was your first car: 1998 Ford Mustang
·         Hobbies: Writing, Genealogy, Rotary, Masons, Firearms, Travel
·         Major in College: English/Creative Writing
·         First Job: Shipping books for an antiquarian book store in Wayne.

So, that was the simple questionnaire that I received on Friday. What would your answers be to those questions? Is there anything you would like me to write more about in a future post? Let me know and I will do my best to accommodate. In the meantime, have a great night and a wonderful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment