Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Lazy Day Is Not Relaxing

 
The plan this Saturday was to head off to the lodge in the morning and take care of a few items that need to be addressed in the next couple of days. Maybe even get ahead of a few things. In addition to these weekly tasks, a clean out way loosely organized to begin in the morning and get some of the random things out of the building that have been doing nothing but taking up space for years if not decades. After that was going to be a quick lunch with my wife and maybe a small trip to Staples.

It was a reasonable plan but even the simple days sometimes get altered. Sometimes in drastic ways. What ended up happening today was sleeping late, eating lunch, and a long period of just doing nothing. I can’t remember the last time I just bummed around the apartment and relaxed. With everything that has been going on lately it was nice to not have to be anywhere. While I felt a little bad for not getting over to the lodge, sometimes I have to just step back for a day and try to recharge. Today was that overdue day.

While it was nice to take it easy and relax on the couch with my wife, by the end of the day I was left wondering what I had gotten done. In the past, I would have just sat back and enjoyed the fact that I didn’t have to do anything. However, that is not who I am anymore. Not getting anything done by the end of the day just made me feel worse, increased my stress, and made me feel tired (more than I was before). I never thought I would be one of those people but the fact of the matter is, I need to keep working. My relaxation comes from the completion of work knowing that I got enough done during the day.

I know, I can sense my wife cringing as she reads this.

So tomorrow something is going to have to get done. If I have any chance of trying to relax this weekend, I can’t let projects and tasks get put off for another day. With that said, the agenda for tomorrow is still up in the air as I have a number of things that have to get done on the computer and at the apartment but we also have to get out and continue looking at apartments.

I have no idea what is going to happen so I guess I will just log off and write about it tomorrow. I know, I am such a come as it may person but sometimes you don’t have complete control over the next day no matter what you may think. So, goodbye today, hello tomorrow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment