Saturday, July 27, 2013

"You Won My Kindle!"


I was already having a good day up to that point and what happened next made it a great day... I won the free raffle I knew nothing about heading to the campus that night. I wasn't even going to go until I decided last minute to accompany my wife to the Graduate School Open House at St. Joe's University. I'm kind of glad I went instead of just sitting around on Thursday night.

As I have mentioned before, I like free stuff and what makes this situation better is unexpectedly getting something for free. After my wife was two numbers away for one of the runner up prizes I even made the comment that we should just throw our tickets away and not pay attention when the grand prize numbers are announced. This is why I try not to listen to myself.

Needless to say, they called my numbers, 326066. My only response was to turn to my wife and comment "No S**t" and walk up to the stage to claim my Kindle. After sitting in on some of the graduate department overviews, I got my picture taken my admissions, and we headed to the car to go home and rest for the night.

Since I said those words to my wife, she has regularly been telling me "You Won My Kindle." Actually, I think I won my Kindle but you can have visitation rights every now and then.

To read more about this interesting turn of events from my wife's perspective visit her blog at