Saturday, July 27, 2013

"You Won My Kindle!"


I was already having a good day up to that point and what happened next made it a great day... I won the free raffle I knew nothing about heading to the campus that night. I wasn't even going to go until I decided last minute to accompany my wife to the Graduate School Open House at St. Joe's University. I'm kind of glad I went instead of just sitting around on Thursday night.

As I have mentioned before, I like free stuff and what makes this situation better is unexpectedly getting something for free. After my wife was two numbers away for one of the runner up prizes I even made the comment that we should just throw our tickets away and not pay attention when the grand prize numbers are announced. This is why I try not to listen to myself.

Needless to say, they called my numbers, 326066. My only response was to turn to my wife and comment "No S**t" and walk up to the stage to claim my Kindle. After sitting in on some of the graduate department overviews, I got my picture taken my admissions, and we headed to the car to go home and rest for the night.

Since I said those words to my wife, she has regularly been telling me "You Won My Kindle." Actually, I think I won my Kindle but you can have visitation rights every now and then.

To read more about this interesting turn of events from my wife's perspective visit her blog at

No comments:

Post a Comment