Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Anyone Have Some Flying Monkeys For Sale?




As I mentioned in my Knoebels post from yesterday, my wife and I had to stop by the front desk before we left for our trip on Friday. The problem, a leak and water on the floor in our apartment (also referred to by someone else who shall not be named as “not a big deal”). I am generally a trusting person so we left for our trip expecting to come back to a remedied issue.

Why the heck do I trust some people to do their job? I don’t know, I think it is a character flaw which needs to be addressed ASAP.

Needless to say, we arrived home on Saturday evening to an apartment with a full bodied musty smell. To top it off it took only a couple of minutes before my wife’s allergies decided to say hi as the mold particles wafted by our noses. I immediately called the front desk to have someone come in and address the issue only to find that the person on call doesn’t have access to his car and he wouldn’t be able to make it until the morning. I am so happy that this isn’t a big deal.

Inspection the following morning is a bit of a blur as I was trying to function after having been up for about 30 hours. However, I do recall a big freaking hole in the wall and water hitting the maintenance guy on the head as he vacuumed. A professional carpet cleaner and plumber are now going to have to be involved. Is it a big deal now?

Now Tuesday is coming to a close and what else has been done? Nothing! No appointments set. No return date. No reasonable accommodations made. So, my wife and I are staying with my mother-in-law for the duration, our moods are deteriorating by the minute, our sleep is regularly lacking, and any confidence we have in those involved is quickly fading.

At this point, we just want to go home and sleep but we don’t know when that is going to happen. If this takes as long as I am expecting it to I may have to deploy some flying monkeys to find a solution. Maybe I don’t need them; after all it’s no big deal.


Never mind, bring me some monkeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment