Friday, July 1, 2016

Firearms Friday: Upgrades and Contributions


It is no surprise that recent events have put a greater strain on our rights with particular focus on the second amendment. I am actually surprised that the tragedy in Turkey hasn’t filter back into the debate more than the occasional mention. Thus far, the right decisions have been made overall but this debate and the attempted infringement is by no means concluded. It is because of this simple fact that we have continued to be vocal about our rights and, when able, we have contributed to this fight in a variety of different ways.

It really comes down to the individual. Some have more flexibility in their schedule than others and can be in attendance at events, campaign, and volunteer their time to one or more groups. I have had many opportunities to do this but, as of yet, I have been unable to find any free moments that could be dedicated to this endeavor. Maybe in the future but I am really not holding my breath on this one.

Others apply their efforts in the few minutes stolen from each day to write blogs, letters, article, and other means of communication, dissemination, and advocacy for our rights. This is where my efforts are applied because while there is no way that I am able to set aside hours or days to dedicate to a particular endeavor, I can find the minutes scattered throughout my day between various projects and assignments to write letters, emails, articles, and blog posts such as this. A lot can be done with this found time and this defense of our freedom needs every minute that each of us can spare.  

And, of course, there is the financial means of support of which we are all very familiar. This is especially true now as the campaign calls have increased over the last couple of months driven by recent events and the natural progression of the campaign season. This is an area where I do what I can. Lately, I have been looking more at transitioning from annual to life memberships and, in other situations, upgrading my life membership. Thankfully, the extended payment options for most of the major second amendment organizations is very reasonable and financially possible for most members.

There isn’t a cut and dry answer that one can give when asked “how can I contribute or make a difference?” What works for me may not work for you and vice versa. In the end, we all have to figure out how we can support our second amendment rights and we all must be willing to stand our ground. That is how one goes from contributing to making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment