Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Getting The Blood Going


I rushed out of the office having received a call thirty minutes prior that the RedCross arrived at the lodge early for our six o’clock meeting. While I was hoping that the traffic would agree with me I was not surprised when it took me an hour to get to Ardmore. Thankfully, she had already gotten out the lawn signs and I could see them from the entrance of the parking lot leaning up against her car. It made it very easy to greet her as soon as I got out of the car.

Tonight’s meeting was merely a formality to show her the space that we had to offer, review the goals of the program, and arrange for all the ancillary marketing items to be printed and shipped to me. While we reviewed all of the details we also took a few moments to chat and learn a little more about each other and our respective organizations. It didn’t take long before we found ourselves discussing the importance that freemasonry has played in both of our families and the excitement that we each held for the beginning of this partnership between my lodge and the Red Cross.

With all the details arranged for our Saturday, December 6th (please leave a comment or email me for additional details), blood drive and each of us having other business that needed to be taken care of, we parted ways as I walked across the street to pick up the mail. Within moments of unlocking the lodge again, the few brethren that I usually see on Tuesday nights began arriving. There is still a lot of work to be done for the next meeting, remaining events, and the rest of the year so it is good that we ended our meeting when we did.

The next couple of hours evaporated and soon after I found myself back in the apartment waiting for dinner to finish cooking in the oven. After catching my breath for a few moments and hearing about my wife’s day, it was finally time for her to head off to bed and for me to get some additional work done before the morning. That was the plan… the plan that briefly got put on hold as we first had to find out what happened to the hot water.

After a long day for both of us, we are now left without hot water until at least the morning (around here that translates to a couple of days). For those keeping track at home, this is the second time that the building has lost hot water in the last five or six months (the last time being not long after the hot water heater was replaced). Nothing like a cold shower to get the blood going but I’d rather get my blood pumping in December rather than last night before bed. Glad that we have such a relaxing place to rest our dirty heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment