Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lodge Work At The Office


Believe it or not it is that time of year again with our annual blood drive just a month away. Actually, it is exactly a month away. While we had originally planned on having it earlier in the fall, due to some staffing issues, we pushed things back to about the same time that we had our drive last year. While the weather might be a bit colder than we had hoped, we should still maintain our regular level of participation given the turn out last year as well as the experience we had in April when we donated the space at the last minute.

Over the past year and a half, I had been working with a particular organizer at the Red Cross… we got along rather well and things always got done. About a month or two ago, I got a note saying that things were changing and that we would be working with someone else from here on out. With time at a premium at the moment, I was wondering how we were going to be able to get together and properly get this relationship moving forward. Thankfully, she took the time and we met this past Tuesday at my office. I actually think that this is the only time that I could manage to squeeze out of my day.

The meeting went rather well and, like the woman we previously worked with, I easily got along with our new organizer. In addition to collecting all of the details that she needed and sharing with me the new forms and processes that are now in place, it was a time to also introduce her to who we are and what we do as masons… at least the broad strokes. It was also a meeting to coordinate an additional blood drive for the spring so also set aside some time in April if you are interested in donating.

Of course, now the work really begins to make sure that things run smoothly. While I may not have blocks of time available, there are moments and minutes here and there to make the phone calls, write the emails, and updating the schedule. This is really what it is all about on my end to make sure that this drive is as successful as the first two that I have been involved with. And, of course, I have to make sure to have all the blank forms available on the day of the drive for the Masonic Blood Club.

So, hopefully some of you will be able to make it to the lodge on Saturday, December 12th. If you are able to make it please stop by and say hello… if I am not at the reception area I will be laying on a table. Either way, I will make sure to shake your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment