Monday, September 8, 2014

Looks Like It’s Going To Be A Full Fall


Over the past couple of weeks my schedule has gone from fairly open to being a cluster of conflicting meetings. When you factor in the whole vacation situation that man of us are facing at the office with just under a month to go until renewal along with the anticipated uptick in the work load, it really isn’t much of a surprise that the office calendar is filled with countless scribbles. However, my personal calendar is leaving me with few options and nearly no flexibility when it comes to finding time to partake in some of my more relaxing activities.

Today was a particularly interesting day as I was the only person on a couple of accounts that was actually in the office slamming away at the keyboard. While one project got cancelled a number of other items almost immediately filled my inbox. Albeit delayed since my email was acting up again. This, as many of you know, completely stuffs the rest of the week full of catching up and trying to make headway on projects that, for one reason or another, were not completed previously. Needless to say, I am going to be exhausted by the end of the week.

I don’t expect things to move any smoother as the days flip past as there are countless emails seemingly hanging in suspended animation just waiting to be returned to me with some unknown list of things that need to be done right away. Unfortunately, these personal correspondences requiring my attention will have to be written about in a future post as there are items in there not ready for dissemination.

On top of all this I am bouncing back and forth with lodge communications. Many of these I have fallen behind on but others are just the natural result of another stated meeting. This has actually been the fun stuff as of late since they are relatively easy to answer and require just a little effort to check another item off my list. Hopefully, they don’t stall on the other end or next month will simply be a repeat.

And finally we have the other fun things that I enjoy on a daily basis one of which you are reading now. This is the time when I can vent all of the aforementioned frustrations and also have a little fun in the process. By writing and researching without deadlines or expectations beyond those that I have personally set for myself, I am able to relax while remaining productive. Odd when you think about it but very gratifying at the end of the day. Unlike previous years, I always make the time to write. So, with a few things left to do and a list that it slowly getting paired down, I end this post knowing that tomorrow I will begin the process all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment